To find homes for sale in Syracuse's Berkeley Park Neighborhood click here.
In late 2001, the Berkeley Park Historic District became the first residential subdivision in the city nominated to the National Register of Historic Places. In 2003 it was also designated a locally protected historic district under the Syracuse Landmark Preservation ordinance.
Berkeley Park is a forty-one acre residential subdivision designed in 1911. The boundaries of the historic district coincide with those originally laid out by the architect and developer, Clarence S. Congdon. The northern boundary is Stratford Street; the eastern boundary is the rear property lines of the residential lots on the west side of Ackerman Avenue; the southern boundary is the north end of properties belonging to Morningside Cemetery and the City of Syracuse; the western boundary is formed by Comstock Avenue.
Located on a drumlin, the subdivision was designed to follow the natural contours of the land and capitalize on the views provided by the elevation. There are 137 properties within the historic district, of which 126 are "contributing," or from the original period of development.