Experts are calling for freezing temperatures over the next few days. To help prevent burst pipes as well as prepare yourself for an emergency, we have provided the following tips for your convenience.
1. If you haven't already, shut off any exterior faucets and hose hookups.
2. Turn on any electrical tape type pipe freeze protection you have installed.
3. Make sure your sump pump is working and the discharge line will not freeze up.
4. Have water stored in gallon jugs for drinking and flushing in the event your pipes do freeze.
5. Keep a list of professional contacts handy - include the phone numbers of a plumber, HVAC contractor, property insurance center and an emergenccy water damage repsonse team.